WinDjView is a free open-source app, which allows to view the files in DJV and DjVu formats. WinDjView is based on Windows platform and works only under this particular OS.
WinDjView performs the following functions: grouping the pages, displaying the list of pages in the form of thumbnails, adjustment of brightness, contrast and color gamma. The utility supports creation of bookmarks, search in the text and export of the document to various formats.
Primary WinDjView features
WinDjView supports a range of common functionalities, accustomed to contemporary users. Here is the description of most of them:
- support of all widely spread Windows versions (starting from Windows XP and up to Win 10). The old Windows builds (98/ME) are compatible with 1.0.3 version only;
- tabs for opened documents, as well as alternate mode of opening each distinct document in individual window;
- ceaseless and single-paged viewing mode, the capability of double page representation;
- user bookmarks and annotations;
- search in the text and copying;
- the support of the dictionaries, which translate words over the mouse pointer;
- the list of page thumbnails with adjustable size;
- table of contents and hyperlinks;
- extensible printing capabilities;
- full-screen mode;
- the modes of fast increasing and scaling over the selection;
- export of the entire pages (or page elements) into jpeg, jpg, tiff, tif, gif, png and bmp;
- subpixel rendering (visually more accurate drawing of the smallest elements in black-and-white mode);
- navigation and scrolling via the mouse or keyboard;
- the availability of Russian and English languages.
If you wish to achieve personal experience while handling with the app, just download WinDjView for free from the official page and feel free to use it according to your needs. WinDjView supports opening of the files in the mentioned further formats: djvu.