CDisplay is an openly distributed sequential image viewer and archive viewer for Windows platform. In general, the suite is applied for viewing images one after another in the form of comic book. Nevertheless, you may view even images, compressed into the archive file, directly from the archive. The original idea of the developers was to design a program tool, which could handle both image files collections and comic books. As the time has shown, this approach was successful and CDiplay utility achieved much positive feedback from the media and from the web-community afterwards.
Primary CDisplay features
Functional range of the applet is not too large, despite it perfectly handles the most vital and crucial tasks, offering several bonus options for those of the users, who evaluate and appreciate flexibility in design and setting up. Here is what it can do:
- loading of static GIF, PNG and JPEG image files in alphabetical order, which is constructed automatically, and representing them one at a time in single-page mode, or two at a time in dual-page mode;
- the file objects are organized and retrieved from a collected tar, ace, zip or rar archive or from a folder;
- sequential page switch and scrolling via single keyboard key press;
- Lanczos resampling applied during image resizing in order to gain the best possible quality of the picture;
- toggle between full-screen and windowed view mode.
The main tool disadvantage is the compliance with Windows environment only. Perhaps, the owners of mobile gadgets will prefer some alternative tools with extensive library organization and cloud services support. But if you consider reading comics in Windows a pleasant and cozy process, download CDisplay for free boldly and multiple enjoyable hours of time-spending by the exhilarating story and plot is guaranteed. The project supports cbr, cbz, cbt and cba formats only.