Textbox.io is a collaborative and powerful WYSIWYG text editor, which provides all the functions, required for efficient and productive documents creation. Despite you may purchase and download Textbox.io as an external package, it is included into IBM Connections tool – an enterprise-purpose multifunctional platform, which combines an email-client, instant messenger, scheduler for tasks and activities in a single package. The tool is available as an optional installation in the IBM Connections distributive. Currently Textbox.io is a contemporary replacement of former IBM Rich Text Editor.
Primary Textbox.io features
- clear paste/copy operations from MS Word docs, including graphical images;
- drag-and-drop or paste and copy images right into the editor – from a file, from the desktop, from the explorer folder or from any other destination;
- easy embedding of social URLs in order to form an impression of interactivity right in the editor;
- instant spell-checking during the typing of the text. Autocorrect features are included;
- HTML code reading with code completion and syntax highlighting;
- absence of special requirements for Java plug-ins;
- the perfect support of full-screen mode;
- the compatibility with markdown – the formatting syntax can be added during typing.
Although the product is mainly designed for IBM products and is closely integrated into the enterprise solutions, the program has been developed by a company partner – Ephox group. If you want to try using the package on the constant basis, download Textbox.io from the official project web-site. The tool is compatible only with its native format – ort.